Sunday, June 20, 2010

Rollerskiing on Roads (instead of trails)

Both my husband Peter and I are both from New Ulm, MN, and we were home this weekend. Besides seeing my family, one of my favorite things about being home is being able to rollerski on the quiet, paved, city streets. Few cars, no bikes--the worst obstacle is the gooey asphalt pavement patch material that gets really soft at temps above 75 degrees. We're careful at the intersections of course....

Yesterday morning, I did a level 1 hike at Afton State Park with the Sisu Nordic Ski Foundation (SNSF) juniors and masters, so today, I did an Anaerobic Threshold (AT) workout--3 x 8 min in level 3 with a warm up and cool down. Since I skipped the specific strength workout (double pole workout), I challenged Peter to three, 100 meter double pole sprint races. The punk won all three and made sure I knew it. I think if we had done a fourth, I would have beat him. I've got more endurance!

No comments:

Post a Comment