Friday, August 13, 2010

RELIEF!

It's been a hot and humid two weeks!  I went for a run tonight at dusk to try and get in my AT intervals    ( 20 min wu, 4 x 7 min in lvl 3 down to 130 bpm between) and to stretch my legs before a day of travel tomorrow.  I think it ranked in the top 10 runs of my life.  So effortless without heat and humidity.  I'm sure I ran faster tonight than I did running VO2 Max intervals (7 x 3 min in lvl 4) on Wedenesday afternoon when I almost melted.

I didn't get any rollerskiing in this week.  Preparing for vacation and an unexpected visit from a friend  made getting out for a run or a late night weight session all that I could manage.  In passed seasons, I would not exercise if I couldn't do exactly what the schedule said.  When I was reviewing my training after last season, I realized how stupid that was.  Now, my attitude is that any workout is better than no workout.  Besides, I (you) do this for fun so it shouldn't be stressful.

Peter and I are leaving for Alaska tomorrow.  I'm looking forward to hiking and mountain biking and maybe even a little paddling.  Enjoy the cooler temps.

No comments:

Post a Comment